Wednesday 3 April 2013

Self-esteem!

Assalamualaikum wbt (peace be upon you)

Well..Bullsh*t

It has been a while since I published my first entry. I have to apologize to those who have been waiting for my next entry (if any). Anyway, here it is! Initially, I decided to write about something else (which I already drafted it out), however, after doing some thinking and research (yang tak seberapa) I think this topic will be interesting to read as well as to write about, InshaAllah. Okay, first of all, to those who do not know what is the meaning of self-esteem, boleh la google translate, which then lead me to this interpretation - harga diri. Actually, bukanlah sangat tentang harga diri, tapi lebih kepada keyakinan diri. Theoretically, our self-esteem is derived from our self-image. Then, we come to the question, what is self-image (banyak sangat self kan)? Okay, in short, self image is how we form the picture of our self in our mind. Dalam erti kata lain, macam mana kita lihat dan terjemahkan persepsi tentang diri kita di dalam minda. Of course, what we think will not suffice because it is something that is abstract. Thence, our action or how we react towards this self image or perception is defined as our self-esteem.

Mesti ada yang tertanya-tanya, kenapa saya memilih untuk menulis tentang self-esteem. I got this idea when I was on my way back from class this afternoon dan topik ni rasanya sangat dekat dengan diri saya (at least for now). For the past few days, I have been thinking a lot on why do I feel that I have a significantly lower self esteem than others? (At least that is how I perceived them to be) For example, some of my friends, they are very confident yang mereka boleh pergi ke UK in order to pursue their studies. But frankly speaking, I do not feel that way. Instead of thinking like them, I am preparing myself for the worst. Yes, mungkin ini semua bergantung kepada rezeki masing-masing, TAPI, bukan ke rezeki tu datang daripada usaha seseorang. Macam yang selalu kita dengar, kejayaan tak datang bergolek. We have to earn it! I asked myself, kalau mereka boleh mempunyai keyakinan diri yang tinggi, why can't I? It is not easy to find the answer for this question. Tapi apa yang pasti, the reason why I am unable to feel confident about myself is because I DO NOT TRUST MYSELF. Therefore, I think the best way to overcome a low self esteem is to trust yourself, work hard and hope for the best. Usaha. Doa. Tawakal. By the end of the day, cuma kita yang dapat perbaiki diri kita dan cuma Allah SWT je yang boleh bantu kita. Having said this, I would like to stress on the fact that you should not be over confident. Be modest in everything you do. That is the best policy. 

Next, you really CAN'T ARGUE THAT SOMEONE IS BETTER THAN YOU! Analoginya seperti ni, kalau kita judge ikan atas kebolehan haiwan tu untuk memanjat pokok, ikan tu akan jadi bodoh selama-lamanya. Sebab secara fitrahnya, ikan diciptakan untuk berenang bukan memanjat pokok. Ada faham? Jadi, right now, all you and I have to do is, find your strength, work on it and be the best for yourself. Nilai diri kita dari sudut pencapaian sebelum dan selepas dan bukannya letak benchmark pada pencapaian orang lain. Remember, be realistic! Kalau si Ah Chong (bukan nama sebenar) boleh dapat A* dalam Mathematics, dan kita hanya mampu dapat B, jangan sedih, sebab mungkin Ah Chong tak ada kebolehan menyanyi atau menari seperti kita (Contoh jelah, takde kena mengena antara hidup atau mati). 

As a conclusion, ingat, yang Allah SWT ciptakan kita berbeza-beza. We are unique. So boost your self-esteem, be realistic and stay modest. Dunia bukan segala-galanya, kelak, kita akan berhimpun atas padang yang sama jugak. Wallahualam. 






No comments:

Post a Comment